Sixteen years

I last saw your face
framed in a train window
lost from view forever
as I moved away

I last heard your voice
down a distant phoneline
telling me it was nice
to hear my voice again

You went down a dark road
were all was gradually lost
what gave you joy
what gave you light

I admire your strength
against all those odds
whether it be
a foreign tongue

You were always there
until you were there no more
I was lost to you
you were lost to me

No longer alone
reunited forever
beyond all pain
and all fear

As long as I remember
as long as you are remembered
you are not truly gone
just for a while

I remember the sun-splashed room
where I saw you last,
expecting you to come in
wondering why all were inside

I remember the sun-splashed room
where I saw you both last
the clock now reversed
until the breaking of the day Tomorrow, it will be 16 years since my mother passed away.